Sell with us
No time but lots of fabulous items to sell?
Why not try our premium service if you have clothing, shoes or accessories from:
- Premium brands e.g. Gucci, Isabel Marant, Chloe, Miu Miu, Missoni, Victoria Beckham, Stella McCartney, Preen, Erdem, Valentino, etc
- Boutique brands e.g. Maje, Sandro, Ganni, Sessun, Acne, Humanoid, Rixo, Rodebjer, Baum und Pferdgarten, Apiece Apart, Rachel Comey, By Malene Birger, etc
- Or very special items from high-end high street brands such as The Kooples, Whistles, Toast, Uterque, All Saints, Jaeger, Reiss, etc
- We don't accept high street brands such as Topshop, Zara, Gap, Warehouse, Mango, H&M, Primark, etc (sorry)
- For children we are happy to accept boutique brands such as Mini Rodini, Bobo Choses, Numero 74, The Animal Observatory, Louise Misha, Wolf & Rita, Bonpoint, Caramel, Emile et Ida, Hello Simone, Polder, Bang Bang Copenhagen, etc
- For men we accept designer labels, boutique brands and high end high street - everything from Dolce & Gabanna to APC to All Saints
All you have to do is:
- Email us on email@example.com to tell us what you'd like to sell, including a photo of each item (rough photos are more than fine) - we aim to get back to you within 24 hours
- Post or courier the the selected items to us (we guide this process so it's as hassle free as possible)
- We photograph, write up and upload the items to site for you
- We handle all the customer enquiries and sale of your items for you
- We post the items to the buyer for you
- Once the sale is complete and the returns window has passed we pay you
This all sounds great but... what are the costs?
There are no upfront charges. Once a buyer purchases your item, Manifesto Woman charges an administration fee of 40% of every Premium Service sale.
So, for example, if we sell something of yours for £50, you get £30. Or, if we sell something of yours for £120, you will get £72.
We pay all the credit card/ PayPal fees too... so you don't have to worry about unexpected charges eating into your profits.
Anything else I need to know?
We really wanted to avoid issuing a long list of terms and conditions but, well, with apologies here they are:
- Please ensure all items sent to us are clean, free of stains/ marks and are not in need of dry cleaning. If items need to be dry cleaned, we will need to charge you for the cleaning costs. If they are stained/ need repairs we will donate them to charity or return them to you, charging you for any postage costs.
- Items that are unsuitable for the Manifesto Woman site (they might not fit the aesthetic, be difficult to sell or other) will either be returned or donated to charity. All return costs will be the responsibility of the seller.
- It may take weeks or sometimes months for us to upload your items to the site. This is because (a) we receive a lot of stock and are a very small team, (b) we carefully curate the site so that it looks visually appealing to shop, (c) we don't upload lots of items of the same size/ style at a time, (d) we upload items that fit with the current season - so if you've given us summer dresses in autumn you'll need to wait to late spring to see them appear on site - and (e) your items may not fit with the collections we are focusing on at the time we receive them.
- We tend to clear out unsold stock every couple of months to keep the site looking fresh and make room for new items. If you'd like your unsold items returned to you (as opposed to us donating them to charity for you), you will need to bear the costs of return.
- We have no control over how quickly things sell or whether they sell at all. We do our best but sometimes it doesn't work out.
- Pricing is set according to a wide variety of factors: quality, brand, social currency, recency of production, size, type of garment, fabric, condition, scarcity, fit with the Manifesto Woman aesthetic + many others. Our pricing is in line with other resellers.
- We only pay out for a sale once the returns window has passed... this is between 7 - 10 days from despatch in the UK and within a month of despatch for overseas sales.
- If an item of yours looks like it has sold on the site but you haven't been paid it is either because it is being returned or because it has already been returned and has sold again and is now in another returns window. Please bear in mind that if it has been sold to a customer outside the UK the returns window can last up to 30 days depending on their location.
- If you're selling your clothes because you need money quickly, then we are not the right site for you.